Saturday, November 5, 2011

Taking a break from house dreaming...

I have started to work on Christmas gifts and, so, will be having to put the dreams and plans about our new place on hold for a couple of weeks. It should work out perfectly as we get possession of the new place on Dec. 1and I plan to be long finished with the handmade gifts by then! The first gift I am making is also the most bittersweet. It is a lap quilt for my nephew. After my father's passing last year, I took his shirts - there is every possible type of plaid and stripe you can imagine. And a lot (and I mean A LOT) of fabric as my dad was a big man.


See what I mean? The main colour is blue with some reds and browns thrown in there for a change. Plaids, stripes and one or two plain ones just to keep it interesting. They are all pretty much the same shirt in different colours. Short sleeved, chest pocket, button down collar. I thought I would feel bad about cutting them up but I didn't.




See what I mean about a lot of fabric?!?! The top pile is all of the collars. Not sure what I will do with those but know that I will think of something eventually! I am pretty sure that I will have enough fabric to make a quilt not only for my nephew but for my own daughter and my nieces, too. But I also know that there is no way I will get 4 quilts done before Christmas AND get ready to move again. So, I am starting with one and will go on from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment