Thursday, December 8, 2011

I sent my hubby to the new place with the camera today. He took a few shots of what he is dealing with as he gets everything ready to paint.
Don't you just love the avocadoish/sage greenish 1970's paint colour? It looks even worse in person. And the carpet is filthy! I wish we didn't have carpet and will probably try to cover it with a runner of some sort eventually.


The past tenant left a gazillion holes in the walls. We (I say we, but I really mean my hubby!) had to fill them and then sand them in prep for the paint.


Yes, the room really is this yellow! Both of the bedrooms are painted in this really vivid banana-ish yellow. It is not pretty. Trust me. You would not want to try to get any sleep in there!


Yes, these are stickers, a lot of stickers on the ceiling of our bedroom. I am not looking forward to getting them all down!


You can tell that we are going to have to put in some time fixing up the door frames. For now I think we will just get the walls done but eventually something will have to be done with these.

And check out the kitchen cupboards in the background. U.G.L.Y. The counter tops are totally dirt brown and are hopefully going to be replaced in the new year. My fingers are crossed because I don't know how to make butt ugly brown counter tops look good. The cupboards I can work with.


I am going to go take some pictures that show more of the rooms than the ones hubby took. I want to be able to show before and after shots as I work on the apartment. It is crazy that this is probably the worst looking place at move in but it is the place that I am the most excited about living in. I can hardly wait until we are sleeping in our new (non-yellow) bedroom. Only 9 sleeps until the furniture is moved in!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment