Sunday, October 30, 2011

Consumed

Do you know this show on HGTV? It is where the home organizer goes into the house of a family that is overcome by clutter and disorganization. She lets them keep the bare essentials - and I mean the BARE essentials - for one month and packs up the rest of the house into storage. This show appeals to me on so many levels. The room that is opened up by the packing off of the stuff, the letting go of items &/or memories attached to items that are holding us back, the moving on to a new kind of living...I want that for our family.

Our move next month will allow me to do my own version of this show. We are in two places at once for the month of December. I plan to have Christmas at the new house. All I plan to have there is a tree, a table and some chairs. A very pared down Christmas. I want the new house to be different from this one. I only want items that I love or use all the time to move with us. So far, I have filled four boxes with give aways and made a list of 8 pieces of furniture that we will not be taking. Lucky my hubby, the crow, does not really care what goes or stays.

I want clean lines, bright open spaces and a sense of peace when we walk in the door.
via bhg


tanja's home

I want the house to be a true home and not just another stopping place for our family. I know that it will happen. I just have to remember to be patient since I always want everything yesterday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment